Friday, August 17, 2012

Photo blog: To a café!

What you have been waiting for forever, I know. I filched my friend's camera to film the workshop showing on Thursday and thought I'd just take advantage of having it around to take some pictures and fill some gaps for you...I've been told I actually do describe well, but there's just something about seeing it. 

Well, without further ado, here is me, on my first weekday afternoon off in five weeks, heading to a café to work on designing my next workshop. 

It starts in my apartment. Here's the view from my window. That's Independence Monument, the Eiffel Tower of Phnom Penh. 


This is my living room, just before I packed up my computer to head out .


You leave my apartment, and head down these incredibly steep stairs.


Then, you head out the gate. The padlock is usually locked. I keep my bike here, behind the gate. Locked to the bannister.


The intersection I live on. This is looking South down Norodom.


Looking the other way. There's a food cart on the right, and the still-in-renovation Independence Monument just down the way. How many traffic violations can you spot?


A cool building I noticed on the walk.


Brown Cafe, my favorite. Not just because it's so cute!


Some of the seating areas inside.


Awesome huge windows and awesome trees.


The table where I decided to sit and surreptitiously take pictures of the cafe.


The painting across from me. I am a sucker for this kind of painting...so pretty.


I ordered an iced condensed milk coffee, a Cambodian specialty. And a couple cookies, just for kicks. :)


There will be more pictures coming this weekend. Get excited....

No comments:

Post a Comment