Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bag snatched

Honestly, it serves me right. I usually keep my bag in the front basket of my bike, and naturally, someone saw an opportunity, swerved close and snatched it. It was a stupid plan, and well, I paid for it.

However.

I was carrying neither passport nor passport copy. My debit card had barely any money on it and has already been cancelled. I lost all of my business cards with contacts, my phone, my keys, and my dayplanner.

The phone can easily be replaced, the keys slightly less easily but nevertheless possible, except my bike lock keys and locks are less than 5 bucks. My driver's license isn't helping me much anyway, and the only cash I had was 30 bucks.

Bag snatchers can be dangerous, and even fatal, if they knock you from the bike. All these guys did was take the bag -- I was untouched, and unharmed.

It happens. I'll be more careful, and it could have been a whole lot worse. I'll have to take some time to deal with it and the lack of keys is perturbing, but I managed to get into my house and hopefully it will be solved tonight.

Annoying, yes, inconvenient, yes. Moral of the story, don't carry your bag in the front basket of your bike, you idiot, and thank your lucky stars it wasn't worse.

All part of the adventure -- and it could have happened anywhere else, at any other time.

Still....assholes.

UPDATED: I have regained my access to the apartment and was able to go grocery shopping. Thank heavens, just this morning I had taken 100 dollars out of my wallet, and had some extra cash in a safe place so I wasn't stuck without money at all. Tomorrow will go to replace phone and post office key. Besides my day planner, which is easily replaced, things will be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment