Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 2nd, 2010

Those of you who have met me probably know I am a remarkably mild person; I rarely get angry, and if I do, I don't tend to show it. But there is a temper hidden under there, and it was lit earlier today, after I arrived at the DMV and was told that 1) I need my social security card for a NC ID card, and 2) they do NOT, as I was informed, print the cards right there; in fact, it takes 10 days for them to send it to Raleigh and get it mailed back to you.

My social security card is currently in Colorado. I accidentally yelled at my poor mother over the phone and hung up on her upon realizing then that Monday is a holiday and therefore the earliest I could possibly get the card would be Tuesday. The 6th. If I then get to the DMV on Tuesday, it would be exactly ten days until my appointment, and we were planning to leave on the 15th.

Pardon my French for a second:

FUCK. THAT.

Upon hearing all of this, I was heartily tempted to throw my cell phone at a nearby wall -- I didn't. I waited until I got home, and then threw it at the couch. I'm convinced I'll have to change the time of the appointment, which probably means that Raj can't come with me, which means I'll have to bus down there. Sounds like a BUNDLE of roses, heading down by myself on a bus full of creepy old men who spend their time eyeing me like a piece of meat. They only do that all the time here in Asheville. FUCK YOU PEOPLE, I'M A HUMAN BEING!!

I think you may have guessed I'm frustrated. And stressed. I'm just at a loss, if I want to just hope that it gets here in time, or go ahead and change the damn thing, or what. This whole process has been a bit of a nightmare, and just now I picked up an e-mail from Columbia financial aid saying they haven't reached my study abroad worksheet, something that I didn't realize was required. Now I have to reprint, refill, and mail it. ARGH. Why am I even doing this?!

I have a lot more to say, but I need to cool off for awhile. I'll write later with some updates/thoughts.

Until then. I hate bureaucracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment