Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday Night Chatter

I am so full I can hardly move, thanks to an amazing meal at an Indian restaurant, recommended by the people who post reviews on trip advisor for being "authentic". I ordered a meal set, for five dollars, and got this enormous meal tray, with rice, curry, veggies, daal, yoghurt, and naan. And healthy dollops of each.

I ate almost all of it, because it was so delicious I couldn't think of wasting it, and while I have a refrigerator in my room, I don't have a microwave. So there goes that. Either way, I don't regret it, but I did have to walk extra slowly on the way home.

Speaking of that, I could take the bike, but I like walking, as it's not far and it's easy to browse on your feet than wheels. Also, people bother to avoid you if you're on foot, on a bike it's all your responsibility to avoid them.

I've also been going out earlier than usual, mostly just because I don't feel like sitting in the hotel room, but it's proved to be very nice, as I get out before all the tourist crowds hit. When I walk to dinner, it's peaceful, and the restaurants are calm, but as I get out, the vendors are in full force, the streets crowded, and the tuktuk drivers yowling from every corner.

It's been interesting to eat out for every meal -- lots of fun, though I think probably by two weeks I'll be happy to go back to my simple diet, which was coincidentally enough getting old by the time I left. I also have a lot of time on my hands, and while there are a lot of things I could be doing, I'm torn between the desire to get a lot done, and take the time to not do too much and rest. I'm leaning towards the latter, as I'm sure I'll be bored soon enough and will have to find things to occupy myself.

I don't have a lot to say on this edition of TNC. My brain is pretty fried these days -- either it thought too much, or maybe I'm just remembering what it's like to teach everyday! I guess it'd be the same if I were working, but I think I do put more energy into teaching. With this group especially, because there are so many of them and they're so young -- at least, they act so young, I took a peek at their ages and they really aren't THAT young -- I feel like I need to be on at every moment.

In any case, I've been sleeping a lot -- long nights and daily naps. Maybe just catching up from the big creative/work push at the beginning of September.

I'm going to call this a wrap for now, and apologies for the lack of exciting adventures -- I'm sure they will return post haste.

No comments:

Post a Comment