Friday, September 24, 2010

Martha Stewart, French style

Photo blog for you today! In which I 'ranger ma chambre et avoir un diner très français.' Clean the room, have a french dinner.

I pulled my hair back for the occasion...



So to begin. Colette asked me to clean the room, which involved stripping/remaking the bed (she washes the sheets), and vacuuming the floor. I wish I had remembered to take a picture of the vacuum, as it was intensely complicated and had a hidden power cord. After a few minutes of silent contemplation, Colette called from the living room, "Tu as besoin de conseil?" Do you need help? Slightly embarrassed, I called back, "Oui..."

She showed me where the power cord was to be found, plugged it in, and then suggested that I dust first and then vacuum up all the dust I would have just displaced. Good point, Colette. I went to get the duster. Once this was all finished, including the vacuuming, then it was time to wrestle with the bedding. We started like this:

Il faut commencer avec le drap blanc, puis le marron, puis mettre la tétine dedans le duvet. Start with the white sheet, then the brown, then put the comforter IN the duvet and button it up somehow, like so:

and put it all together in a somewhat attractive manner...voilà:


So arranged la chambre. Now for the french dinner. I had a bit of avocado earlier, but here are the main elements necessary for any french dinner:

(That's cheese, by the way. If I was really being French, it'd be Camembert, but I had this instead. I know, bad me). And of course, du pain (une baguette).

And of course...

So you add it all together, have a lot of bread and cheese, a bit of wine, and for dessert... nutella. Only problem was that I had to put it in a crêpe salée, also known as a galette, meaning a salty crêpe. You really should eat nutella with un crêpe sucrée. But I had to make do.


Voila les éléments pour le diner parfait -- ou le meilleur que je pourrais faire ce soir. The best I could do for the moment.

Bisous mes amis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment