Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Confessions of a mid-January Slump

When it comes down to it, I don't really have anything against January, it's actually February that I have an active dislike of, but either my normal February shit is coming early or February itself will be worse than usual.

Okay, yes, I'm whining probably too much for the situation. My only real main beef with the life at the moment refers to a vicious cold that has laid me out flat for the last, oh, 48 hours or so. I don't usually get this sick, and while Colette astutely pointed out that it's just a cold and it's not that "grave", normally my colds just get in my way without actively attacking me. Either way, after spending the ENTIRE day yesterday in bed, I decided to pretend I was a human being today and take a shower, get dressed. I still refuse to leave the house, but I'm making progress.

Another problem is that I'm bored as heck. This has something to do with the fact that I refuse to go out in public in the state I've been in for the past couple days, and there is only so much I futzing I can do on the internet, especially in a half-brained haze. But let's put it realistically: I don't have a lot to do these days, and I have never been particularly good at chilling out. I talk about it often enough -- man, I do too much, I need a vacation, what have you -- and then whenever I get more than a day or two to do nothing, I get bored.

This semester, I have the feeling, has the possibility to leave me with a fair amount of free time. I don't expect to have a lot of homework, and I'm still working on finding some new dance classes, because I don't think I'm dancing enough. I imagine things will pick up once my directed research gets going, and rehearsals for the big she-bang in April, but either way.

I need to be better than ever at living in the moment. Whether it be going out to wander around Paris, going to soirées, seeing friends -- I don't have a LOT of time left here, as much as that dismays me, and I need to profit as much as possible for the second half of my time here. (Wow).

I'll keep you updated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment